Your community newsletter is now available on the website. To access the prior months/years newsletters, please visit the Newsletter Page.
It was brought to Management’s attention that there are active coyote’s in the Ridgemoor Homeowners Association. Please take the following steps to ensure your safety.
- Consider making your dog or cat an indoor pet when living in an area that
- is known to be occupied by coyotes.
- Accompany your dog in well lighted areas at night for comfort walks.
- Keep your dog on a maximum 6 foot leash whenever you take it off your
- own property.
- Keep all outdoor trash can lids securely fastened to the trash can
- Improve yard fencing to coyote resistant standards.
- Pick fruit when it ripens, and don’t leave rotting fruit on the ground.
- We recommend that cats be housed in a substantial cat run when left
- unattended outdoors
- Teach children not to approach stray animals
- Don’t feed wild animals.
- Don’t leave pet food outdoors, especially at night.
- Don’t allow pets to roam from home unaccompanied.
- Don’t leave water bowls for pets outdoors.
- Don’t leave water in birdbaths, or birdseed outdoors for songbirds.
- Don’t attempt to contact or “tame” coyotes.
It is each individual owners responsibility to ensure the safety of their pets and children.
Thank you for your cooperation,
On August 1, 2018 you were mailed a map and information regarding the seal coating due to be completed throughout Ridgemoor. Below, please find the map as a reminder of your scheduled service date.
It is important to remember that the seal coat cannot be driven on for 24 hours. Please arrange to remove your vehicle from the street, driveway and garage by 7:00 AM on the date of your service. You may park your vehicle on streets that are not being serviced, or you may park your vehicle on Wellesley Drive. If your vehicle is on the street after 7:00 AM on the date of your service, it will be towed at the owners expense. If you leave your vehicle in the garage or on the driveway, and drive over the new seal coat, you will be charged the cost of the repairs.
Please contact Management with any questions at (949)430-5802.
The Ridgemoor Homeowner’s Association has three (3) very useful websites with different purposes.
- Ridgemoor HOA Website—www.ridgemoorhoa.com—to register, you will need your Keystone Pacific account number and your zip code. The website has association archives, such as newsletters, board meeting minutes, CC&Rs, transponder request forms. View contact information, submit maintenance requests.
- Keystone Connection Portal—www.kppmconnection.com—to register you will need your Keystone Pacific account number and your zip code. The website has access to your account balance, ability to sign up for auto pay, or make one-time ACH payments. View current violations, work orders, and track architectural submissions.
- Ridgemoor/ Nordic Guest Management – http://ridgemoorhoa.nordicsec.com—to register, contact Management to send the username and password. Register one-time and permanent guests & set up verbal password. View active guest passes. Register vendors for access. Add contact phone numbers and set call order.
Please be vigilant in the community. If you see something that looks bizarre or uncharacteristic, Crimestoppers is a place you can put your observations in motion anonymously. Obvious criminal activity should be reported immediately to the Walnut /Diamond Bar Sheriff station at (909) 595-2264.
We are excited to announce Ridgemoor Homeowners Association’s newly designed community website.
Our website’s new look, user-friendly navigation and responsive design are just some of the new features you will enjoy.
Residents can obtain the latest newsletter, board meeting minutes, forms, community rules and regulations and much more! Also, the management contact information is located under the Contacts Section titled Keystone Pacific. Don’t forget, you can also check your billing account by accessing the View Statement/Pay Bill page under the Navigation Menu.
Several areas of this community website have been secured and will require you to log in to view the secured pages. Please log in using your KPPM Connection email address and password. If you have not registered to use our KPPM Connection, please register here first.
If you’re having trouble remembering your password, please click here to retrieve your password via email.
The KPPM Connection is an online tool that offers enhanced homeowner services. Using the portal, you can:
- Make Online Payments
- View Current and Previous Statements and Billing Inserts
- Print Account History Reports
- View and Update Enhanced Email Notification Features
Please click here to visit The KPPM Connection! Please log in using your account online email address and password. If you have not registered, please have your billing statement available to enter in the required information. If you need assistance, please contact Customer Care at (949) 833-2600 or email@example.com.
For added convenience, we also offer an ACH program in which your monthly assessment payments are automatically deducted from your checking or savings account. You will no longer have to remember when to pay your payment, write a check, or pay for any more postage! To sign up, please click here to download the ACH form.